Data privacy statement
1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing, as well as the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Person responsible:Ottemeier Werkzeug- und Maschinentechnik GmbH (im Folgenden: Ottemeier), Kapellenweg 45, 33415 Verl-Kaunitz, Deutschland, E-Mail: mail(at)ottemeier.com Telefon: +49 (0) 5246-9214-0 Fax: +49 (0) 5246-9214-99
You can contact our company data protection officer using the above address or by sending a mail to: dsb(at)dcb-weinheim.de
2. Collection and storage of personal data, as well as the type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When calling up our website www.ottemeier.com information is automatically sent to the server of our website by your web browser. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part here and then saved until the point of automated deletion:
- - IP of the computer making the request
- - Date and time of access
- - Name and URL of the file called up
- - Website from which access was made (referrer URL)
- - Browser used and potentially also the operating system of your computer, as well as the name of your accessprovider
The stated data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- - Guaranteeing a smooth connection to the website
- - Guaranteeing convenient use of our website
- - Evaluating system security and stability
- - Other administrative purposes
- The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) P. 1 lit. f of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation). - Our legitimate interest is associated with the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions regarding your person.
In addition to this, we employ cookies and analytical services for those using our website. You can find more detailed information on this in sections 4 and 5 of this privacy statement.
3. Disclosure of data:
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- - According to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) you have given express consent to this
- - Disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- - In the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) is a legal obligation, as well
- - This is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
The cookie is used to store information generated in the context of the specific terminal being used. However, this does not mean that we gain any knowledge regarding your identity.
Cookies are primarily used to make it more pleasant for you to search our website. We therefore use so-called session cookies to detect when you have already visited individual pages of our website. These session cookies are automatically deleted once you leave our website.
In addition to this, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user friendliness. These are stored on your terminal for a specified period of time. If you then visit our website again to use our services, the system automatically detects that you have already visited us and what entries and settings you have made, so that you do not have to enter all this information again.
The data processed by the cookies is required for the stated purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests, as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation).
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can also configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are saved on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Completely deactivating cookies, however, can lead to a situation in which you are no longer able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Use of Google Web Fonts
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed in the following and employed by us are performed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation). Our objective with the tracking measures we employ is to secure a requirements-based design and continuous optimization of our website. We also use tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests should be seen as legitimate in the sense of the aforementioned regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories are derived from the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google conversion tracking to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our online content. Here, Google AdWords places a cookie (see section 4) on your computer, insofar as you accessed our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lapse after 30 days and are not used for personal identification purposes. If the user visits certain pages of the AdWords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet lapsed, Google and the customer can recognize that the user has clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page.
Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies therefore cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to produce conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have chosen to go with conversion tracking. The AdWords customers learn the total number of users that have clicked on their ad and were forwarded to a site employing a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that they could use to personally identify users.
If you do not wish to participate in the tracking process, you can also decline the cookie required for this – for example via a browser setting which generally deactivates automatic cookie acceptance.You can permanently deactivate cookies for ads preferences through a corresponding setting of your browser software or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in via the following link: www.googleadservices.com. You can find further information on Google’s data protection provisions at the URL shown below: (https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html).
We have incorporated YouTube videos into our website which are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website.
YouTube is an Internet video portal that allows video publishers to post video clips and other users to view, rate and comment on them. YouTube is operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. Further information about YouTube can be found at www.youtube.com/yt/about/de/.
The YouTube videos embedded on our website are all embedded in "extended data protection mode". This results in a connection to the Google Double-Click network. By playing the video, data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube. We have no influence on the transmitted data transfer.
The transmission of data to YouTube takes place regardless of whether YouTube provides you with a user account through which you are logged in to or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to YouTube, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want your profile to be assigned to YouTube, you must log out before activating the button.
We would like to point out that we have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purpose of processing or the storage period. We also have no precise information regarding the deletion of your data by YouTube.
Further information regarding the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in the privacy statement which is available at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
8. Rights of those affected
You have the right:
- - To request information in line with Art. 15 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) regarding the personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information regarding the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, and the categories of recipients to whom your data is/has been made available, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction, or blocking of processing, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, insofar as this was not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and (if applicable) meaningful information on its details;
- - To request immediate rectification of your incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in line with Art. 16 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation);
- - To request deletion of your personal data stored by us in line with Art.17 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation), insofar as the processing is not required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for assertion, exercise, or defense of legal rights;
- - To request restriction of the processing of your personal data in line with Art. 18 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation), insofar as you are contesting the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful yet you refuse its deletion and we no longer require the data, but you still require it in order to assert, exercise, or defend legal rights, or you have objected to the processing in line with Art. 21 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation);
- - To request receipt of your personal data which you have made available to us in a structured, standard, and machine-readable format in line with Art. 20 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) or to transmit this data to a different person responsible;
- - To revoke the consent you have provided us at any time in line with Art. 7 (3) of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation). However, this leads to a situation in which we are no longer authorized to continue data processing that was based on this consent for the future and
- - To the right to lodge a complaint at a supervisory authority in line with Art. 77 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation). As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
9. Social Media Presence
a) Data Processing by Social Networks
We maintain publicly accessible profiles on social networks. The specific social networks we use can be found in subsection e. Social networks such as Facebook, Google+, etc. can comprehensively analyze your user behavior when you visit their website or a website with integrated social media content (e.g. like buttons or advertising banners). By visiting our social media presences, numerous data protection-relevant processing operations are triggered.
If you are logged into your social media account and visit our social media presence, the operator of the social media portal can associate this visit with your user account. Your personal data may also be collected even if you are not logged in or do not have an account with the respective social media portal. In this case, data collection may occur, for example, through cookies stored on your device or by capturing your IP address.
With the help of the data collected in this way, the operators of the social media portals can create user profiles in which your preferences and interests are stored. This way, interest-based advertising can be displayed to you both inside and outside the respective social media presence. If you have an account with the respective social network, interest-based advertising can be displayed on all devices on which you are logged in or have been logged in.
b) Legal Basis
Our social media presence aims to ensure the most comprehensive presence on the Internet. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. The analysis processes initiated by social networks may be based on different legal bases, which must be indicated by the operators of the social networks (e.g. consent within the meaning of Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR).
c) Responsible Party and Assertion of Rights
When you visit one of our social media presences (e.g. Facebook), we are jointly responsible with the operator of the social media platform for the data processing operations triggered during this visit. You can assert your rights (information, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, data portability, and complaint) both against us and against the operator of the respective social media portal (e.g. Facebook).
Please note that despite the shared responsibility with the social media portal operators, we do not have comprehensive influence over the data processing operations of the social media portals. Our options are largely determined by the corporate policies of the respective provider.
d) Storage Duration
The data collected directly by us through the social media presence will be deleted from our systems as soon as the purpose for their storage ceases to exist, you request us to delete them, revoke your consent to storage, or the purpose for data storage no longer applies. Stored cookies remain on your device until you delete them. Mandatory legal provisions, especially retention periods, remain unaffected.
e) Specific Social Networks
10. Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of a legitimate interest in line with Art. 6 (1) P. 1 lit. f of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation), you have the right in line with Art. 21 of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) to object to processing of your personal data, insofar as there are reasons for this which result from your special situation or the objection is aimed at direct advertising. In the case of direct advertising, you have a general right to object that is implemented by us, even without specification of a special situation.
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of a consent in line with Art. 6 (1) P. 1 lit. f of the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation), you can revoke the storage of your personal data at any time. The revocation may be verbal, written or electronic. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
If you would like to make use of your right to object, simply send an e-mail to mail(at)ottemeier.com.